[Athen] a multimedia and Web question

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:21:33 PDT 2009

I have a video with captions that play in realplayer. So far so good.

I want to embed it into a page so that when the page comes up, it will
automatically play. Also that works too BUT!

I can embed a windowsmedia video into a Web page which uses an embedded
player and does NOT play through the users software on his/her
computer. When I do reaplayer video it is activating the reaplayer on my
desktop. Some users may not have it and I'd like to play it so the player
would be in the Web page and not use the one on the desktop like I have
done with windowsmedia player.

Is this possible?

Norm

Norman Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
CEO EASI Equal Access to Software and Information
phone (949) 855-4852 (NOTE pacific time zone)
****READ ABOUT THE DICK BANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
http://easi.cc/scholarship.htm