[Athen] People without disabilities like the TTS on the Kindle

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Fri May 29 04:04:28 PDT 2009

>From the NYT technology RSS

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/books/29kind.html?_r=1
<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/29/books/29kind.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rs
s> &partner=rss&emc=rss

Given the issues over TTS access to books I thought it interesting that this
seems to be a feature for all.

Related to the usefulness of TTS there was an article on new phones and one
of the features appreciated by someone without a disability was the talking
call display and talking address book. My phone only has the talking call
display so am now looking at "upgrading." I like it for the same reason - I
can decide before getting up whether to answer the phone or not. Of course
since I can't see who's calling if I do get up, the talking call display
works on all levels.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/technology/personaltech/21pogue.html?partn
er=rss
<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/technology/personaltech/21pogue.html?part
ner=rss&emc=rss> &emc=rss

Just found this article on the Cool-er eBook reader

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/technology/personaltech/28pogue.html?adxnn
l=1
<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/28/technology/personaltech/28pogue.html?adxn
nl=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1243594853-iUH+WvdTT4Xu6wQ3hgfo4A>
&partner=rss&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1243594853-iUH+WvdTT4Xu6wQ3hgfo4A

Cheers, Karen