[Athen] [Fwd: New Concept in Textbooks]

Melanie Thornton mpthornton at ualr.edu
Tue Nov 17 05:19:54 PST 2009

Thanks, Dann, Ken, and others.

Dann, your PP presentation is quite timely...both for this discussion
and in the world of Kindles. Thank you for sharing it!

Someone at a meeting I was in yesterday said that they feel like they
are in an episode of "I Love Lucy" trying to catch the pies before they
go off the end of the conveyor belt. Our work feels that way sometimes,
doesn't it? Trying to get good information out there before things go
viral on us...

Melanie

Dann Berkowitz wrote:

> Interesting you should use the wording "professors may think electronic equals accessible". Here is my presentation from the 2008 Accessing Higher Ground conference discussing that very topic:

> http://www.colorado.edu/atconference/Berkowitz_Digital=Accessible_AHG_2008.pps

> Hope this helps --- Dann

Melanie Thornton
Director, Project PACE
Associate Director, Disability Resource Center
2801 S. University Ave., DSC #103
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204
501.650.2239 (cell)
501.569.8240 (fax)
501.569.3217 (tty)

Websites:
http://ualr.edu/pace
http://ualr.edu/disability

We want your comments!
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=92u46bPPSZa2tyMqiGGTgQ_3d_3d>

AIM: MelanieatUALR

This message contains information which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. Please be aware that filing this email in
publicly accessible records, or any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this message is prohibited.