[Athen] I-pod Touch w/Voice Over

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:01:15 PST 2009

At 11:15 AM 11/18/2009, Kater, Cindy wrote:

>Apple’s new release due out now, is the I –Pod

>Touch (32/64 gb) with Voice Over text reader. I

>have talked to the Apple Geeks and they tell me

>it will work the same as Voice Over works on the

>Mac. There is also a communication software

>add-on great for persons with Autism called

>prolouge2go (186.$). Does anyone have any expertise on these products?

Hi Cindy,

Here is the website for the AAC software (from AssistiveWare):
http://www.proloquo2go.com/

No direct experience yet, but I may have some
iPod Touch comments soon. The basic idea is that
with Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6), the same gestural
control features will be available on Macbooks
(with multitouch trackpad), iPhone & iPod Touch.

Patrick

--
Patrick J. Burke

Coordinator