[Athen] Decidedly low tech - alternatives to 3-ring binders?

Ken Petri petri.1 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 20 04:20:05 PST 2009

For electronic stuff, in addition to OneNote, I recommend Evernote. A
couple nice things about it: It syncs with the "cloud" and has native
applications on many platforms: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Palm, Android,
and Blackberry. Also, if the student is on a lab computer, Evernote
has a very nice web interface. Take notes or add pictures or other
documents in one place and you have them for any computer or mobile
device you use. It also has decent OCR capabilities: I can take a
picture with my phone of a product label or other chunk of text and
within a few minutes do a search in my notebook for some text. It will
locate all instances of the text, including within the photo, and
highlight it in yellow. Pretty spiffy.

Best,
ken
Ken Petri