[Athen] Microsoft Document Imaging tool How To document

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:53:21 PST 2009

Thank you very much Karen,

I have often recommended this tool but have never gotten around to writing
directions for access. I usually do the setup and training with a minimal
printed handout - your little manual is very helpful and easy to follow.

Nettie

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Karlen Communications <
info at karlencommunications.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!

> I am getting asked about free tools for OCR and it seems few people know

> about the Microsoft Document Imaging tool. It is free and comes with Office

> 2007 and some earlier versions.

> I wrote a How To document for people using adaptive technology. Keep in

> mind that this is a free tool but seems to do a good job for fast and free

> access to a printed page.

> It is a tagged PDF document. You can get it from the Karlen Communications

> web page on Microsoft Office 2007 accessibility.

> http://www.karlencommunications.com/MicrosoftOfficeAccessibility.html

> Please share this resource.

> Cheers, Karen

Nettie T. Fischer, ATP