[Athen] Accessible E-Book from mainstream publisher

Melanie Thornton mpthornton at ualr.edu
Fri Oct 16 06:40:27 PDT 2009

Please share your findings with this list. Thanks, Jon.

Melanie

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Are there any commercial publishers that support accessibility of their electronic book technology or make their print books easily available as electronic book in a DAISY or NIMAS format that is accessible?

> I am interested in encouraging faculty who are publishing books to use publishers that support accessibility.

> Thanks you for any help you can provide.

> Jon

> Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.

> Coordinator Information Technology Accessibility

> Disability Resources and Educational Services

> Rehabilitation Education Center

> Room 86

> 1207 S. Oak Street

> Champaign, Illinois 61820

> Voice: (217) 244-5870

> WWW: http://www.cita.illinois.edu/

> WWW: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jongund/www/

> Privacy Information

> This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for delivering or copying of this communication, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.

Melanie Thornton
Director, Project PACE
Associate Director, Disability Resource Center
2801 S. University Ave., DSC #103
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204
501.650.2239 (cell)
501.569.8240 (fax)
501.569.3217 (tty)

Websites:
http://ualr.edu/pace
http://ualr.edu/disability

We want your comments!
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=92u46bPPSZa2tyMqiGGTgQ_3d_3d>

AIM: MelanieatUALR

This message contains information which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. Please be aware that filing this email in
publicly accessible records, or any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this message is prohibited.