[Athen] mobile devices and accesibility

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:40:42 PDT 2009

Hello all!
Once again, I'm turning to those with more wisdom and knowledge for some
enlightenment. Is anyone familiar with the MobilEDU which is now part of
BlackBoard? I saw it demonstrated today (in a large meeting environment)
and it looks very exciting, BUT also another venue which students with
disabilities may not be able to access. When I posed the question about
accessibility testing and accessibility feature within the application
suite, the answer was that accessibility is based on what the device offers.
(Yep, really interesting answer!)
I know that MobilEDU has recently been implimented at Stanford U and several
other universities. Hoping someone can give me some input!
THANKS to all for your continued help!!!
Heidi

Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director
Center for Educational Access