[Athen] MacSpeech Dictate and Snow Leopard compatibility

Shelley Haven shelley at techpotential.net
Thu Sep 3 12:47:41 PDT 2009

Well, it's certainly not a Mac incarnation of Dragon
NaturallySpeaking, that's for sure. <grin>

Dealing with the cache issues which result from using both keyboard
and voice to edit text unnecessarily complicates things. Fortunately,
version 1.5 allows one to both dictate and type into Note Pad (their
equivalent of Dragon Pad) and avoid those problems. The downside, of
course, is needing to copy and paste your final product elsewhere
(email, Word document, etc.). The latest version also introduces
commands to purge and rebuild that cache -- more of a workaround that
a solution, but it does work.

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant