[Athen] Dealing with Williams Sound transmitter/receiver

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 17 17:04:18 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I am trying to get a Williams Sound FM transmitter and receiver
functional. Transmitter is model T30. Receiver is model R31.

The receiver has both an ear and mic option (for local sounds). When I
use the microphone on the receiver, I can hear loud and clear through
the ear headset.

The transmitter has a mic option and on/off switch. When I turn on the
transmitter, I am not getting anything on the receiver (tried both
channels). I checked the frequency setting and it is the same as the
factory default. I have also tried to use the receiver with a different
transmitter (Phonak ZoomLink), just to see what would happen but that
did not work either.

The system was working approximately 6 months ago and now is no longer
functional. Before I make a vendor very happy in purchasing some new
hardware, is there anything I could be missing or could try?

Take care,
Sean