[Athen] FW: Students can Work with their iPads directly from their PCs

Robert Beach rbeach at KCKCC.EDU
Fri Apr 16 13:19:56 PDT 2010

In a couple of presentations I gave over the last two days, I referred to them as iWhatevers. It just popped into my head and so I used it. It seemed to catch on with the attendees.

From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On Behalf Of Gabbert, Darren L. [darren at missouri.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 11:47 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Subject: Re: [Athen] FW: Students can Work with their iPads directly from their PCs

How about iTools? Or even iStuff?

Darren Gabbert
Grants & Contracts Administrator
Adaptive Computing Technology Center
University of Missouri Division of IT
N-18 Memorial Union
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 673-5629
Fax: (314) 594-9909
Darren at Missouri.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [mailto:athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On Behalf Of Dan Comden
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:59 PM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Cc: Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Shelley Haven wrote:

> *We definitely need a term to collectively refer to iPhones, iPod

> Touches, iPads, and iWhatever-Else-Apple-Conjures-Up.

iCandy?

Ok, enough of that

Yes, I have an early adopter coworker who demonstrated remote desktop access to his Windows machine via his iPad. I would definitely be able to put something like that to use. Would have to have a BT keyboard for true usefulness, though.

Have not had time to explore, nor have I yet heard, of the true usability/utility of VoiceOver on this platform.

-*- Dan Comden danc at washington.edu
Access Technology Lab www.washington.edu/computing/atl
University of Washington UW Information Technology