[Athen] website reader

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Thu Apr 22 00:58:42 PDT 2010

If you really want to add something that is free, but still allows users to
make use of their own technologies, try something like the JISC TechDis
toolbar on our LexDis site http://www.lexdis.or.uk It works with most
browsers, has the odd glitch and is not that keen on Flash everywhere. It
has a Scottish voice but that was the only free one we could find! May be
worth reading the instructions at
http://access.ecs.soton.ac.uk/ToolBar/functions If you like it you can then
embed it in your own web pages
http://access.ecs.soton.ac.uk/ToolBar/versions (code at the bottom of the
page) But if you want your own logo on it and a few other things, it is
open source or we could make you a bespoke toolbar with a little help from
a source of funding for the time taken!

We are planning to make a framework that will allow for this sort of thing
and if anyone knows of any other freely available TTS voices we could
achieve this more easily!

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

Learning Societies Lab,