[Athen] Need your help

White, Phillip B. pwhite3 at exchange.calstatela.edu
Tue Feb 16 11:50:25 PST 2010

We have taken on a new venture of publishing a blog for students with disabilities in higher education called Osdhorn (http://osdhorn.wordpress.com). Currently we are seeking writers who are interested in writing about the following themes:

1. disability and civil rights laws, policies and procedures and how they affect students in college

2. assistive technology and technology developments affecting persons with disabilities

3. Universal design and physical access issues on campuses

4. general student issues, including but not limited to scholarships, cost of higher ed, social issues, job development

We are also interested in listing publications and books that cover such topics. If you have written materials and want exposure, please send us the following:

a. book cover photo

b. synopsis of subject covered

c. link to where it can be purchased

Help us encourage students with disabilities to contribute to this discussion. They need to have a voice, and Osdhorn gives them a place to converse about their experiences and interests. Please forward this message to those employed in providing services to students with disabilities at your institution.

Thanks

Phillip White

Adaptive Technology Coordinator

Cal State University Los Angeles

osdpublisher at gmail.com

pwhite3 at exchange.calstatela.edu

Links:

Books by and about persons with disabilities: http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/books-by-and-a…h-disabilities/

Article: Jobs for the disabled

http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/jobs-for-the-disabled/ <http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/jobs-for-the-disabled/>

Article: 20 years before they get it!

http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/20-years-before-they-get-it/ <http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/20-years-before-they-get-it/ > ‎

Article: Amazing Ability comes from Disability

http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/amazing-abilit…rom-disability/ <http://osdhorn.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/amazing-abilit…rom-disability/>