[Athen] Captioned video on textbook publisher web sites

Pielaet, Jon jon.pielaet at mso.umt.edu
Thu Jan 14 07:25:57 PST 2010

State by state differences aside, it's my understanding that publishers
can provide whatever content they want. (with or without captions) It
would be up to the institution using the content to ensure its
accessibility. In other words: Schools and Universities should make
captions their own pre-requisite for purchasing content.

Additionally, the Pearson link provided is in Canada so I have no idea
what rules apply in that country.

Jon P. Pielaet

Program Assistant for Instructional Materials

Disability Services for Students

Emma B. Lommasson 154

The University of Montana

Missoula, MT 59812