[Athen] JAWS and RTF

Dann Berkowitz dann at digilifemedia.biz
Thu Jan 21 06:10:13 PST 2010

Quick question folks ---

Not withstanding an issue with the verbosity controls - is anyone familiar with JAWS having problems pausing at then end of lines BUT properly pausing and stoping at grammatical marks? This is in reference to JAWS reading RTF files.

I have a client who has a student who is claiming that the RTF files we provided them are not working with JAWS. Specifically that JAWS is not pausing at the end of lines but IS pausing correctly at grammatical marks. Yet the student claims their verbosity settings are set properly. The files were converted from hardcopy using Abbyy Fine Reader and quality controlled using MS Word 2003 and saved to RTF.

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers --- Dann

Daniel Berkowitz
Digilife Media, LLC
809 E. Bloomingdale Avenue
# 261
Brandon, FL 33511-8113

phone: 978-914-4601
fax: 813-689-4328 [please include Digilife Media #261 on cover sheet]
e-mail: dann at digilifemedia.biz
web: www.digilifemedia.biz