[Athen] Apple's upcoming tablet/slate/iPad and e-textbooks

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Fri Jan 22 09:27:47 PST 2010

Various articles have popped up this past week about Apple partnering
with different education publishers on e-textbooks in the lead-up to
their new tablet/slate/iPad device -- e.g., Harper-Collins last week,
and now this article about McGraw-Hill and their Connect online
learning system:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2010/tc20100121_991806.htm

Is anyone familiar with Connect and its accessibility? Connect was
apparently developed in collaboration with Apple, and I know
accessibility is more on Apple's radar now than it used to be. The
article also talks about CourseSmart, though, which was already
declared "not accessible" by the listservs.

Guess we will just have to wait until at least next Wednesday and see.

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant
Shelley at TechPotential.net