[Athen] CalWAC is canceled for 2010

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 22 09:35:40 PST 2010

Hello all,

Just a note the California Web Accessibility Conference is being
canceled for 2010. Below is the announcement from the Knowbility website.

Hopefully, the conference can continue in 2011.

Take care,
Sean

*****
Good Afternoon,

We are grateful for the continued support of our generous sponsors Deque
- automated compliance for .edu <http://deque.com/> and Opera Software
<http://www.opera.com/>

However, due to low registration caused by the economic downturn and the
slow pace of recovery, we have made the difficult decision to postpone
CalWAC 5. We want to thank everyone who has shown interest in CalWAC
and in ensuring access to information technology for everyone. We
sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that postponing the conference
may cause.

Please be assured that we are already working on plans for CalWAC 2011.
We will continue to update the CalWAC pages here as our plans come to
fruition. Until then, we are counting on you to pursue maximum
accessibility in all your endeavors. As always, we are grateful for the
dedication and support of this community.