[Athen] Text to speech for nursing student

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Fri Jan 22 10:31:42 PST 2010

Dragon Medical (a version of Dragon Professional) is still produced.

I have not used the medical version personally, but my understanding is that
the advantage of the medical version over the preferred version is that it
includes drug names, as well as a lot of "templates" using dictation macros:
http://www.nuance.com/healthcare/products/dragon_medical.asp

Back when I was teaching Dragon in the classroom, I had a student who was
learning to be a medical transcriptionist. She used Dragon Preferred and it
worked extremely well for her.

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.