[Athen] Portable CCTV

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Fri Jan 22 11:33:34 PST 2010

I'll second that. We bought one of the original Zoom-Ex units years
ago; it was fantastic then and is even better now with improved
software. For one thing, it's foldable and incredibly compact -- you
can stick it in a large enough laptop bag -- and is totally USB
powered (no AC adapter). In addition, the included software can
automatically re-flow the text on the screen as the user enlarges the
image -- no horizontal scrolling needed.

It also has an auto mode for scanning books: hold the pages open, it
clicks a picture and OCRs it. Turn the page, it detects no motion,
clicks another picture.

Coupled with the additional camera for distance viewing, it's called a
Zoom-Twix.

http://www.abisee.com/product_over.html

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET