[Athen] McGraw-Hill CEO confirms e-textbooks on new Apple tablet

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Tue Jan 26 14:45:38 PST 2010

In the linked video, McGraw-Hill CEO Terry McGraw confirms that their
textbooks will be available on Apple's new tablet (to be announced
Wed. morning) which runs the iPhone OS...but, of course, no mention of
the accessibility of said e-textbooks. A news crawler at the bottom
of the interview points out "All titles on CourseSmart are available
to students on the iPhone", so one could infer that such e-textbooks
will have the same level of accessibility on the iPhone OS-based
tablet -- namely, they're not.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/01/26/mcgraw-hill-ceo-confirms-apple-tablet-iphone-os-based-going-to-be-terrific/

"We have worked with Apple for quite a while. And the Tablet is going
to be based on the iPhone operating system and so it will be
transferable. So what you are going to be able to do now is we have a
consortium of e-books. And we have 95% of all our materials that are
in e-book format on that one. So now with the tablet you're going to
open up the higher education market, the professional market."

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant
Shelley at TechPotential.net
www.TechPotential.net