[Athen] Question re: Apple iPad and eBook accessibility

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:27:06 PST 2010

My initial thoughts are that the iBook application itself will be
accessible. Voiceover will be included. The challenge is going to be
voiceover enhancements. It's an excellentscreen reader. However there are
some short-comings. There need to be some enhancements related to text
reading/text navigation. If the software release can bring those
enhancements and provide access to the book info in iBooks, I believe
accessibility will work well. I also want to see how specific epub features
are implemented will make a difference.

Regards,

Pratik