[Athen] Administrative Rules and guidelines around accessiblesoftware

Shawn Foster FosterS at sou.edu
Fri Jul 30 10:42:57 PDT 2010

Hi Carol!
How's things?
You might check in with the California Community Colleges, Stanford, and the CSUs... I think they have state guidelines. Our guidelines are pretty flimsy (read that, "unenforced"), so I won't recommend them. :-(
sf

Shawn Foster
Assistive Technology Consultant
Southern Oregon University
V/TTY: (541)552-6213
blog: http://atatsou.blogspot.com ( http://atatsou.blogspot.com/ )

>>> On 7/30/2010 at 10:18 AM, in message <4C52A6F4.B63E.00EA.0 at linnbenton.edu>, "Carol Raymundo" <Carol.Raymundo at linnbenton.edu> wrote:

Hi!
I am wondering if any of you have established administrative rules regarding using accessible software at your institutions? We are at the a point where we want to pursue establishing guidelines around how faculty select software.

I'm also wondering if you have established any standards regarding the creation of on-line or hybrid classes. We use Moodle and there are no college standards for font, font size, color or a consistent layout. There is also no standard for creating accessible documents (MS Word or PDF files).

I am interested in your thoughts about this and would appreciate any examples of such rules.

Thank you,

Carol Raymundo
Assistive Technology and Alternative Format Coordinator
Linn-Benton Community College
Office of Disability Services
Phone: 541-917-4832
Fax: 541-917-4328

NOTICE: This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and do not forward.