[Athen] Reminder: Please Vote!

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu Mar 4 15:20:22 PST 2010

To the ATHEN membership:

Just a reminder that members need to vote on (1) the slate of officers and
(2) a proposed amendment. (See below.)

Also, please remember that we can only accept votes from members who have
paid their dues. I have received votes from a number of individuals whose
votes do not count because of arrears in dues. If you are not sure about
your standing, please contact Joe Humbert, our membership chair:

johumber at iupui.edu
(317) 274-4378

It is very important that you vote because we need a 2/3 majority in order
to change the bylaws. In this case, not voting on the amendment is the same
as voting no, so please vote!

Slate of Officers
President: Ron Stewart
Vice President: Terry Thompson
Treasurer: Heidi Scher
Secretary: Susan Kelmer

Proposed Amendment
4.5. Officers shall be elected annually by the membership.
Elections will be held within the month prior to the annual meeting.
Election results will be announced at the annual meeting, with terms to
commence at the end of the meeting. Terms are for two years, with elections
for President and Secretary occurring in even-numbered years. Elections for
Vice President and Treasurer will be held in odd-numbered years.

For your response, you can copy the text below and indicate yes or no to
each item. Please copy both Dan Comden and myself on the e-mail
danc at washington.edu; gdietrich at htctu.net .

--NOTE: Please do *not* just hit reply and respond to the ATHEN list.

In order for your vote to count, you must respond to both Dan and me by
April 1, 2010. Thank you!

President:
Vice President:
Treasurer:
Secretary:

Proposed Amendment:

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.

There is no success without access...