[Athen] Request for Papers - Accessing Higher Ground 2010

Howard Kramer Howard.Kramer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Mar 9 14:13:52 PST 2010

Dear ATHEN Colleagues:

It's that time of year again. We're now accepting proposals
for the Nov. 15-19, 2010 conference. In addition to proposals,
we are also looking for individuals to participate on the
review committees as per last year. If you're interested in
reviewing proposals, please let me know. More information on
the rfp can be found below.

Request for Papers B April 2 deadline for first round of
submissions

Accessing Higher Ground:
Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference
November 15-19, 2010

Westin Westminster Hotel B Westminster, Colorado

Keynote Speaker: George Kerscher, Ph.D., Secretary General of
the DAISY Consortium

Don't Miss the First Round Deadline

The University of Colorado at Boulder invites papers for its
13th annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference. The conference
focuses on the implementation and benefits of Assistive
Technology and Accessible Media in the university and college
setting. Other topic areas cover legal and policy issues,
including ADA and 508 compliance. The creation of accessible
media and information resources, including Web pages and
library resources are a particular focus of the event. For the
main conference, accepted out of town speakers will receive a
10% discount off conference registration fees. Local speakers
will receive a 5% discount. Additional incentives are provided
for accepted pre conference proposals. And ATHEN members in
good standing receive an additional discount. For more
information, use the contact information below.

To see a list of past workshops or obtain a presenter
application form (available March 5), visit our conference
page at the URL below. For the first round rfp, please e mail
the completed proposal form (available at:
http://www.colorado.edu/ATconference/speaker_info2010.html#pro
posal) to Howard Kramer (hkramer at colorado.edu) at CU Boulder
by April 2. A second round rfp, if needed, will have a
deadline of May 7. You can also request a conference
registration packet (mailed in August) at the URL below.

Contact Information

Disability Services: 303-492-8671
e-mail: hkramer at colorado.edu
Conference URL: http://www.colorado.edu/ATconference