[Athen] And more information about the iPad...

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 12 11:09:36 PST 2010

While I do believe that it will require a test-drive to determine what
accessibility features and functionality are truly present on the iPad,
there is additional information being released about iBooks and VoiceOver.

Short URL:
http://tinyurl.com/yhk2r97

Full URL:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/ipad-mute-switch-magicked-into-a-screen-rotation-lock-overnigh/

From the article at Engadget:

"In other news, it's been confirmed that iBooks will be able to sync
free (non-DRM'd) ePub titles in from iTunes, which is good news for
people who want to use an existing ePub stash of theirs with Apple's
fancy page-flipping interface. Also on the books front, it was clarified
today that the iPad can indeed use VoiceOver screen-reading for reading
pages of books out loud -- we knew the screen reading tech was on the
iPad, but now it sounds as if it will be more directly integrated into
iBooks."

Take care,
Sean