[Athen] LaTEX MathML Translators

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:09:47 PDT 2010

Mathtype can do it.
In the Preferences menu select Translator and change it to MathML 2.0.
then go to the Preferences menu and select Workspac Preferences and
check the box to allow Tex input from the keyboard. then you can cut
and paste code fro the document into MathType and copy the text from
MathType to Paste the MathML into the document that you are working
on. It isn't as simple as processing the whole document at once but
it works.
Here is a sample.

>From Notepad

\alpha + 2^2 = \theta

>From MathType

<m:math display='block'>
<m:semantics>
<m:mrow>
<m:mi>&#x03B1;</m:mi><m:mo>+</m:mo><m:msup>
<m:mn>2</m:mn>
<m:mn>2</m:mn>
</m:msup>
<m:mo>=</m:mo><m:mi>&#x03B8;</m:mi>