[Athen] Question about Save As DAISY

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 31 14:47:37 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have been playing with the Save As DAISY in MS Word and have a
question about how long it can take to create a 450 page book. I choose
to create a DAISY book (as opposed to just the XML version) and the
DAISY Pipeline TTS Narrator began running.

So far, the system has been running for about 2.5 hours. Is this a bit
excessive or is this expected? Most of my samples have been done on
short 10-20 page documents, so I don't have a great reference for a much
longer book.

I am working on a virtualized Windows 7 system with 2GB RAM dedicated to
the Windows 7 instance (CPU is 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo). The JAVAW.exe
process has maxed out the CPU usage at 98%.

Thanks,
Sean