[Athen] Questions re: DAISY on iPhone, iPad

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Sat May 8 18:21:31 PDT 2010

Hi all!

1. Have any of you used the iPhone app "Voice of DAISY" (http://www.cypac.co.jp/vodi/index.html)? If so, what are your impressions? (At $25.99, I'd like to get some unbiased opinions before purchasing.) The website says it only works with DAISY 2.02 (but not 2.0 or 3.x) books which have "full audio with NCC" or "full audio and full text", so I assume that rules out Bookshare books. (It also says the app will work with VoiceOver, but that it's "not...convenient").

2. Are you aware of any other iPhone/iPad DAISY apps under development?

Thanks,
Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant