[Athen] Alva Braille Display questions

Travis Roth travis at travisroth.com
Thu May 13 17:16:39 PDT 2010

The Alvas also have a built in menu system which you should be able to bring
up without connecting any PC. If the 570 doesn't do that either then its
dead... Unfortunately I cannot turn up its manual to see how the menu system
is entered.

As far as I am aware, Windows XP and later with JAWS do not drive Braille
displays via parallel. You need to use serial or USB.