[Athen] Abbyy 10

Pielaet, Jon jon.pielaet at mso.umt.edu
Mon May 24 16:28:34 PDT 2010

Heidi,

There doesn't seem to be a quick fix for the ordering issue. The text
areas are properly re-ordered in plain text mode, but that causes the
loss of formatting in the exported file. I'm continuing to look for
creative ways of dealing with this issue.

One interesting behavior that I have noticed is that ABBYY 10
automatically formats page numbers as page number fields (with the page
number field code) if you're saving a word file in formatted text mode.
I'm wondering if I can find a way of either moving these fields
automatically or maybe applying DAISY styles to them directly.

Any thoughts, or experiences would be helpful in developing our process
further,

Thanks and Good Luck,

Jon

Jon P. Pielaet

Program Assistant for Instructional Materials

Disability Services for Students

Emma B. Lommasson 154

The University of Montana

Missoula, MT 59812