[Athen] Victor Stream, Macs, and CDs

Pielaet, Jon jon.pielaet at mso.umt.edu
Wed Sep 8 16:33:26 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

"- Does anyone have experience connecting a Victor Reader Stream to a
Mac
(or Windows 7)? On several sites, it talks about Windows XP, but
nothing else."

Yes, the stream is a USB Mass Storage Device and will be recognized as
flash memory in almost any operating system including Windows 7, Mac
OSX, and Linux.

"- Has anyone used the USB CD attachment to connect a CD drive to the
Stream? This would allow for the transfer of AudioPlus CD books to the
Stream. Here is the URL for the "authorized" version of the device
(http://tinyurl.com/24v75l8), but I am curious about a general external
CD player."

Although I don't have experience connecting an external CD drive
directly to the stream, I have copied AudioPlus CD books to the
Stream from the CD drive of a PC with no trouble.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Jon P. Pielaet
Program Assistant for Instructional Materials
Disability Services for Students
Emma B. Lommasson 154
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812

www.umt.edu/dss/

406-243-2243 Voice/Text
406-243-4461 Direct Line
406-243-5330 Fax

Well, I am just full of it today....(ahem)...questions, that is.

A few questions about the Victor Reader Stream:

- Does anyone have experience connecting a Victor Reader Stream to a Mac

(or Windows 7)? On several sites, it talks about Windows XP, but
nothing else.

- Has anyone used the USB CD attachment to connect a CD drive to the
Stream? This would allow for the transfer of AudioPlus CD books to the
Stream. Here is the URL for the "authorized" version of the device
(http://tinyurl.com/24v75l8), but I am curious about a general external
CD player.

Take care,
Sean

--
Sean Keegan, M.S.
Associate Director, Assistive Technology