[Athen] Question about Braille, tactile graphics, costs, etc.

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 15 11:36:23 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am wearing my manager hat this morning and would like to get some
information regarding out-sourcing costs related to braille production
and tactile graphics.

Does anyone have general price points as it relates to the conversion of
computer science or engineering-type materials into braille and tactile
graphics?

I realize (most) production costs are done on a per page basis and that
costs can vary significantly depending on the specific material in
question, but what I am looking for are general price points for
Nemeth/CBC transcription that I can then use to get an estimate for
books. Price points for tactile graphics would also be very helpful. I
understand these can vary as well, but once again, I am just looking for
generic numbers.

As advertising is generally frowned upon for these lists, please respond
via e-mail directly to: skeegan at stanford.edu

Thanks you,

Sean

--
Sean Keegan, M.S.
Associate Director, Assistive Technology