[Athen] [Off-LIST] Re: PowerPoint slides question

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at asu.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:59:36 PDT 2010

Hey, Sean. I think I'll need to reply to the list -- Karen McCall and others asked me a similar question offline, and the answer is: I don't know, but it's a good chance. The prof said she has been teaching this class for several years and just edits/updates each year. Also, some of our campus has migrated to Office 2007 while some areas are still running 2003. I'm running 2003 with Compatibility Pack installed. The student in this particular course is a JAWS user and complaining of missing information -- apparently the same missing info that I am noting -- but I don't know what version of Office he is using. I think the group wisdom is that this is a compatibility issue with different versions of Office, and there may not be a simple fix; we may have to work in retrofit mode until the entire campus has migrated to the newer versions of Office and the problem reduces itself on its own.

Thanks, everyone.
Teresa
Teresa LW Haven, Ph.D.
Supervisor, Alternate Format Program