[Athen] Networking of Assistive Technology

Mary J Ziegler maryz at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 12 08:19:02 PDT 2011

Hi Lorraine,

We are very close to having Kurzweil 3000, JAWS, and ZoomText networked and serving licenses over a managed Windows domain. This allows students to access the software at dedicated machines on campus (but not on their own laptops). Kurzweil 3000 is up and running well and we are very close to deploying both JAWS and ZoomText. I'm not the IT person doing with the natty gritty setup, but I can get you more details if you are more specific as to what particular type of setup you are working toward.

Regards,
Mary

____________
Mary J. Ziegler
IT Manager, Accessibility and Usability
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)
ATIC Room 7-143
617.258.9328
maryz at mit.edu

From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [mailto:athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On Behalf Of Norwich, Lorraine S
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:39 PM
To: 'Athen at athenpro.org'; 'altmedia at htclistserv.htctu.fhda.edu'
Subject: [Athen] Networking of Assistive Technology

Good Evening,

Please can you let me know who has networked or had multiple liscenses on a server for the following software: Kurzweil 3000, Read and Write Gold, Zoomtext and Jaws. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Lorraine

Lorraine S. Norwich, BSME, MSIS
Assistant Director of Disability Services
Boston University
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02215
lnorwich at bu.edu<mailto:lnorwich at bu.edu> (email)