[Athen] Bluetooth mic for phone and Dragon

Ed. Rosenthal edward at ngtvoice.com
Wed Dec 21 12:26:18 PST 2011

Lately we have been using the Plantronics SAVI Office product line. They
have several different models, all of which are on a wireless protocol (I
believe it is 2.4 GHz, at is definitely not Bluetooth), and the signal is
encrypted so that one does not have to worry about somebody "intercepting"
confidential information. Broadcast range is somewhere between 100 and 300
feet. You set it up in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software as a USB
microphone. They are currently producing the Plantronics WO 300, but I have
been using the WO 200 and WO 100 with good results.

They make a companion model called the 101, 201, etc.. however this is
specifically designed for VOiP telephony like Microsoft Lync.

You can purchase this product line from any number of Internet outlets, or a
number of major retailers. It does require the user to depress the button
to switch the signal from computer to telephone and vice versa. It offers 3
different wearing models including over the ear, and headband.

We have over a dozen clients that would use this equipment daily, all with
good results. If you decide to test/procure a tip that I would share is to
have the user "speak extra loudly" when a complete the Dragon
NaturallySpeaking audio setup Wizard as this will make it less prone to
interference from ambient noise.

Hope that is helpful, best wishes for a pleasant holiday season. -ed.

Yours sincerely,

Edward S. Rosenthal

President and CEO

Next Generation Technologies, Inc. (NGT, Inc.)

20006 Cedar Valley Rd. #101

Lynnwood, Wa. 98036

425-744-1100 ext.15

EM: edward at ngtvoice.com