[Athen] MSW 2007 inquiry

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 4 11:28:47 PST 2011

Wink:

If it is installed, a quick way to get the Language bar to show up in Word 2003 is to go to Tools -> Speech and then <cancel> when the Speech Recognition wizard shows up.

If it appears that it is not installed, you can either install the language tools from the Office disk as Karen suggested or just go the route of a free text to speech add-on to Word 2003 such as NaturalReader.

You'll likely have difficulty testing the setup on your computer first because of the differences between Word 2003 and 2007, including the shift in the language tools.

-Todd