[Athen] OmniPage 17 and correcting text

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 7 11:55:57 PST 2011

Hello all,

This must be the week (or month) for OmniPage 17 issues. We have run
into a situation with OmniPage 17 Pro when correcting a OCR term in the
Proofreader. When we make the correction and click "Change", the text
in the Text Editor window either changes a different word or makes a
change to the text approximately 17-20 words backwards from the word in
question.

We have tried closing/opening the OPD file, restarting OmniPage, and
restarting the computer. All have had little effect on the
aforementioned behavior, which seems to happen at random.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior in the past and
if you have noticed any specific settings that have resulted in this
situation.

Take care,
Sean

--
Sean Keegan, M.S.
Associate Director, Assistive Technology