[Athen] Dragon with Windows 7

Wink Harner winkharner at mesacc.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:51:18 PST 2011

Nettie et al ATHENITES

Go to the TOOLS menu, select OPTIONS, on the MISCELLANEOUS menu you can
select the adjustment bar. If you move right toward more accurate, it slows
the response time down drastically. If you move it to the left, toward
FASTEST RESPONSE, you can end up with more mistakes. This, however will be
your most likely spot to make the adjustment you need to improve things.
Another thing to look at is the amount of RAM you have. 2 megs or more is
critical for DNS to run well.

You can try SPELL & TRAIN to train your name. Or to ensure that you dictate
your name accurately + all your signature info, my suggestion is to create a
macro. To do that, go to the MODES menu, select COMMAND MODE. When you
dictate in command mode, play around with it so what you say in the
dictation box is "my signature" (you will have spelled out 'Nettie' and
possibly 'Fischer'), you can then create "my email," "my office address,"
"my website" etc. as separate commands. The quotes are the titles of the
commands. What you type/write into the dictation box becomes the content of
the command. Make sense? Then when you're working in a document and you
pause and say "my name" you prompt a command coming and DNS writes "Nettie,"
or "Nettiet, ATP Consultants."

Hit me offline and I can help a lot!!

I have windows 7 at home and I don't have these problems so I don't think
it's the OS.

Others may want to weigh in on this, though.

Hope this helps.

Wink

winkharner at mesacc.edu