[Athen] is there a service (for fee) that is able to convert inaccessible PDF's?

Ron Stewart ron at ahead.org
Sun Feb 20 10:58:27 PST 2011

This is a very difficult process to complete, I have been working on some
sample documents from a vendor and for even minimally complex stuff you are
actually better of turning them into something like HTML or DAISY. The
complex image and even text based PDF's need to be totally reprocessed
(OCR-forward) and at this point I have not found a satisfactory remediation
product. The vendors make a lot of claims, and I believe I have looked at
all of them in a recent project, none of them stand up if you are looking at
remediating existing files.

You might want to contact DigiLife Media or T-Base communications out of
Canada to see what they will charge. Is this not something Badger is
willing to take on?

Ron Stewart