[Athen] FW: Introducing Free Kindle Software with AccessibilityFeatures

Dan Comden danc at washington.edu
Wed Jan 19 09:32:46 PST 2011

The new Kindle app installed fine on my system while running JAWS (v
12.0.55). I followed the instructions and had JAWS running before
running the install. This is on a system running Win7-64.

I would remove your downloaded installer, download another copy, and
retry the process.

The problems I'm having now are
1. The content is not readable by JAWS -- it's still all graphics. But
the menus and controls are readable and I can open my archived
content. Just can't read it with JAWS.
2. The Help command launches a browser window to Amazon's Kindle sales page.

I've sent a msg to their support email, will report back if something
positive happens

-*- Dan