[Athen] Repost: screen reader accessibility for QUIA

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon May 9 14:46:29 PDT 2011

Hi all DSSHE-landers & ATHEN folks,

We have a student who is blind enrolled in a SPA201 class this summer.
The book (VISTAS: Blanco & Donley 3rd Edition) & lab materials are all
online.
We are working at making e-conversions to some of the handouts &
worksheets now, but my question for you all today is whether any of you
have experience in working with a blind Spanish language learner in an
online format --the software used is QUIA and I want to know if you know
of any techno-tips on screen readers in this environment.

Any ideas, suggestions or work arounds would be greatly and most deeply
appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Wink

Ms. Wink Harner
Manager
Disability Resources & Services
Mesa Community College
1833 W. Southern Avenue
Mesa AZ 85202

480-461-7447
winkharner at mesacc.edu
--
Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology