[Athen] Using HD webcam as portable magnifier?

Cynthia Jepsen Cindy.Jepsen at asu.edu
Wed Apr 4 15:24:29 PDT 2012

Hi Sean. We just purchased the HD ZoomText Camera. It's mounted on a very tight gooseneck and needs to be about 4" from the image. I had a lot of trouble with clarity and smoothing. It seemed that the camera was constantly shaking and moving in space. The gooseneck seemed stable but I'm guessing it was not. Because it had to be so close to the image, you had to move the paper around a lot. Not reasonable. It showed well at CSUN but in reality it was not a good option for us.

Cindy