[Athen] online text to speech

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:15:34 PDT 2012

Hello Marshall,

Disclaimer, I am the owner of a consulting firm which works with many
colleges and universities about their web strategies, accessibility design,
and usability.

Generally, we do not recommend that you employ services like this for making
web sites accessible. It is unlikely to meet the needs of most of your users
who rely on assistive technology. Users who do rely on assistive technology
will often bring their own assistive technology to experience your web site.
Purchasing this option does not solve a fundamental problem for your site.
That is-your web site needs to be accessible first in order to make this
service work well. If it is not, then either this service or the the
assistive technology that your visitors will be using will not be able to
access your site effectively. Services like these are often marketed as
magical solutions that will solve all your problems. But conducting
development in the right way will often solve more problems than using
services such as this one.

If your web developers would like training, testing services, or other
assistance on making your web site more friendly to visitors with
disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards,

Pratik

Pratik Patel
CEO, EZFire