[Athen] captions for ios devices

Ken Petri petri.1 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 20 14:39:23 PST 2012

Hi Dean,

The Handbrake method works just fine. But if you have a Mac iSubtitle gives
you more options.

Here's the too-long URL on how to do this with Handbrake:
https://carmenwiki.osu.edu/display/10292/DIY+Captioning+Techniques#DIYCaptioningTechniques-AddingCaptions%28Subtitles%29toMP4VideoforUseiniTunesorVLC

A short URL to the entire DIY Captioning Techniques page is:
http://go.osu.edu/diy-captioning

Other good info in this page as well. The info about how to add an audio
description track is forth-coming. That technique does, however, require
QuickTime Pro....

ken
--
Ken Petri
Program Director, OSU Web Accessibility Center
http://wac.osu.edu | petri.1 at osu.edu