[Athen] Face up scanner similar to Ion Book Saver?

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at studentlife.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 12 13:46:15 PST 2012

ATHEN:

Today I found out about the Ion Book Saver scanner that was announced last year. But, soon after that I found out that it also isn't going to go into production. It was to be a face up, v-shaped bound book scanner that scans both pages at once. You have to manually lift the scanning device out of the book and turn the page manually. Here's a Youtube video that shows a preview version at last year's Consumer Electronic Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAxYrhfyJw&t=0m57s

This was supposed to be less than $200.

Does anyone know of a similar device (face up and simultaneous dual page scanning) on the market at a reasonable price? The alternatives that I am aware of are in the range of 10's of thousands of dollars to $100,000 plus.

Thanks, Todd
UW-Madison