[Athen] FW: Project looking at making online courses more accessible

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Fri Jan 20 12:03:55 PST 2012

Here is a request from Vicky Phillips for Get Educated:

Our editors are researching innovations in ed technology in search of the
best online colleges in terms of pioneering new uses of assistive technology
-- software, hardware, and student services.

We are searching for university programs that are actively testing ways to
make online college courses /degrees more accessible to the disabled / vets.

We are aware of a new program of free online course / tutorials at Dakota
State University Online that teach students how to use Dragon Naturally
Speaking to literally talk their way through college. These courses are free
(which is even better!) and funded by the Reeves foundation by the folks at
DSU:

Dakota State Assistive Technology Software Allows Students to Talk Their Way
Through College
http://www.geteducated.com/elearning-education-blog/educational-technology/a
ssistive-technology-software-allows-students-to-talk-their-way-through-colle
ge/

Can anyone suggest similar projects or innovative practices for us to
review?

Thank You for all suggestions!

Vicky Phillips

Founder - Get Educated