[Athen] Instructional Designer (McLean, VA)
sam.joehl at ssbbartgroup.com
sam.joehl at ssbbartgroup.com
Thu Jul 5 06:21:04 PDT 2012
sam.joehl at ssbbartgroup.com has forwarded you this craigslist.org
Please see below for more information.
Visit the posting at
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/edu/3087445425.html to contact
the person who posted this.
Date: 2012-06-19, 11:47AM
SSB BART Group ("SSB"), the leader in the growing field of accessible
IT solutions, has an immediate opening for an Instructional Designer.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing
classroom and online learning courses, and will possess strong verbal
and written communication skills. The candidate will have a Master's
degree and relevant work experience.
With over 800 public and private sector customers and award-winning
software, SSB helps companies design and enhance their IT systems so
they are accessible to persons with disabilities. The Instructional
Designer will work both internally at SSB and with clients to develop
and deploy new training programs, curricula and courses, and is
interested in working as part of a team to grow the overall training
business of SSB. This position will report to the Training Manager. As
the training line of business grows, the responsibilities of this
position are expected to grow accordingly.
The SSB team is an enthusiastic and diverse group headquartered in
McLean, Virginia with offices in San Francisco and Concord, NH. This
position is being offered in the McLean office.
* Work collaboratively across the company and within specific practice
areas to identify critical knowledge, skills and behaviors
* Work with clients and/or on client site
* Conduct training needs assessments to identify gaps, develop
strategies, plans and programs
* Conduct needs and task analyses
* Identify and develop learning solutions that best meet the clients'
* Develop/program learning and human performance improvement products
* Design, implement and evaluate new and existing learning solutions
* Conduct quality assurance and review training development projects
* Teach on-site classes
* Facilitate online web-based training sessions
* Work and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts ("SMEs") to identify
* Evaluate and provide recommendations for existing training
* MA or MEd degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or
related field (near term Graduate acceptable) or equivalent combination
of education and experience
* 2 or more years of experience in both the face-to-face and e-learning
* Demonstrated experience in application of instructional systems
development methodology and adult learning principles
* Proficiency to communicate orally and in writing to interface between
subject matter experts, instructional designers, programmers and
* Experience in Federal government and/or commercial projects
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to represent the company on client site
* Personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Experience in creating accessible documents and training materials
* Must be able to design universally accessible content
* Familiarity with Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
("WCAG") preferred, but not required
* Experience with e-learning authoring tools and/or Learning Management
Systems ("LMS") a plus
* Position requires some travel
This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits
For immediate consideration, send a cover letter, résumé and salary
requirements to the email address "jobs at ssbbartgroup dot com",
written in the correct email address format. Please include the phrase
"Instructional Designer" in the subject line.
SSB BART Group is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity
Employer. Copyright 2012, SSB BART Group. All rights reserved.
Location: McLean, VA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list