[Athen] Google accessibility group

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 5 09:13:09 PDT 2012

Wink, I would love to see you create an independent listserv for this. I would join it for the information!

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado
303-735-4836

From: athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Wink Harner
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:25 AM
To: 'Access Technology Higher Education Network'
Subject: [Athen] Google accessibility group

Hi all,

I have been requested as a liaison with our VC of IT and the Disability Access Council to present workarounds and provide resources for alternative access for Google -- primarily Google Mail and Google Calendar, although all of Google appears to be in the process of being adopted.

Those of you on ATHEN who are working specifically with Google accessibility & workarounds, please contact me directly so we can set up a two-way communication about questions, answers, recommendations & solutions.

Thanks in advance for your expertise and willingness to help be part of a solution!

Wink

Ms. Wink Harner
Project Support
OHS - NU6 119
Mesa Community College
1833 W. Southern Avenue
Mesa AZ 85202
wink.harner at mesacc.edu<mailto:wink.harner at mesacc.edu>
480-461-7448

Here is an excerpt from our VC of IT's note:
"...As a liaison to the Disabilities and Accommodations Compliance Team (DACT) and VC of IT office, I have been tasked to form a group to identify issues as well as options/solutions for the Google email (and in the future possible apps) rollout. "