[Athen] tracking of equipment loans?

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 13 15:16:18 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I have been doing some creative thinking and looking at different
options to develop an inventory tracking system for assistive technology
equipment loans. In the past, we have done bar code labels, but are now
exploring 2-D bar code options (QR codes, Microsoft Tag, etc) as a way
to access information about a device.

The question I have is how are people currently tracking such loans?
Access or Filemaker databases? Excel or Google Docs spreadsheets?
Web-based platforms (e.g., Drupal)? All of the above?

I have started working on a few options here, but am doing a "literature
review" to see what others may have implemented at their institution.

Take care,
sean

--
Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology