[Athen] Mac Voice Over Resources

Susanne V Mistric svmistric at waketech.edu
Mon Mar 26 18:10:54 PDT 2012

I think that some of the best web resources for VoiceOver are actually
available on the Apple website.

You might start with http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/.

You will find a treasure trove of information and excellent tutorials in a
variety of formats right there.
Speaking of treasure troves...

You may especially like Vision Australia's series of at least 30
"Instructional Podcasts for using Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with Voice
Over"

http://www.visionaustralia.org/info.aspx?page=2296

Lots of very handy processes are covered.

Here's another that is new to me but looks VERY
interestingŠMacForTheBlindŠrecently updated no less.

http://macfortheblind.com/

I've just tipped the iceberg experimenting with VoiceOverŠon my MacBook
Pro, my iPads, and my iPhone. But I am collecting all of the resources I
can find as our student and faculty Mac user population continues to
skyrocketŠ

somewhere I have a link to a site that posts all of the apps available to
VoiceOver. I will be happy to provide that information when I can remember
where I stashed itŠ

I hope you find this information helpful!

Regards,

Susanne Mistric

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official (NCGS. ch. 132). Student educational records are subject to FERPA.